August 14, 2019

Shave this...

Let’s talk about shaving. We all have a love hate relationship with shaving, we love smooth skin but hate razor burn. There are a lot of new razors on the market designed specially for women. I bought and tried three of them, Billie, Flamingo and Joy, and here is what I think:

Billiehttps://mybillie.com/pages/razor
Shaving companies have always been created for men which may explain why we're still overpaying for women's razors and referred to as goddesses for shaving. Our razors are built for a better shave: 5 sharp blades, encased in 360° of charcoal shave soap, with rounded edges to help you navigate those curves. Our products are free of toxins and bad additives — we only use premium, healthy ingredients. How it works? Your Starter Kit consists of a Billie handle, the mag(net)ic holder and two 5-blade razor cartridges for $9. Ongoing, we’ll deliver four replacement blade cartridges to your door for $9 (at a frequency of your choice) so you never run out of supplies. As always, free shipping. 

Flamingohttps://www.shopflamingo.com/products/razor/

We’ve been a part of the Harry’s family for a while, so naturally we started with body hair. Since Harry’s launched in 2013, over a million women have used and loved the products, including us. We set out to design something better. The result? A line of quality products, for all the places you count on quality, meet Flamingo. Our custom cut Gothic Arch shaped blades are made at our very own factory in Germany. Using the highest quality Swedish steel, our blades give you a close, smooth shave every time. We added a flexible hinge and rounded edges to work with your body — knees, bikini line, you name it. And our hydrating Aloe Vera strip makes for the most comfortable shaving experience. The razor is $9 and the blades come in a 5 pack for $16. Only available at Target.

Joyhttp://www.joyshave.com/
In the wake of direct-to-consumer shaving startups like Flamingo and Billie, Joy is the latest player that's getting real about women's body hair — and making the products we actually want to use to deal with it (if we choose to do anything at all). As a shaving line, the most important product is probably the razor, which comes in a light pink or teal . Joy's version has five sharp Gillette blades and a Lubrastrip, which work together to give you a clean shave sans irritation. The non-slip grip handle makes it easy to hold, so you don't have to worry about dropping your razor. For $8.97 you get the razor handle and two blade refills. A set of four refill blades costs $8.97, while a set of eight refill blades costs even less per blade at $15.97. Only available at Walmart.

I have been using Billie for over a year. I’m happy with the razor but having razor blades only available via auto-ship, is not convenient. I cannot tell you how many times I ran out of blades and had to wait a week for new ones. It’s too stressful. I bought the Flamingo because two friends told me how great it was. My feeling, meh. I don’t think I get a close enough shave and I hate how flexible the blade head is. I recently bought Joy after seeing an ad. I wish I would have bought it months ago. It’s hands down the best razor have ever used. All summer I have been shaving my legs every other day. With Joy, I can go every two days because it gets such a close shave. Joy is definitely the winner, Billie is a close second if there was an alternative to auto-ship and Flamingo was my least favorite. 



2 comments:

  1. I did not like the Flamingo razor at all! But I love the Billie razor and can go two days without shaving. And I love the magnet for the shower. Haven’t tried Joy yet...

    ReplyDelete